OSSTF/FEESO believes that Public education is the cornerstone of tolerance and democracy within our diverse society.
Public education must include:
- Equal access to a comprehensive and well-rounded education
- Class sizes that provide opportunities for individual attention
- Access to adequate resources and programs provided by internal, qualified professionals
- A safe and positive learning environment that is well-maintained
- Meaningful consultation and shared decision-making
Our members dedicate their lives to public education and student success. This is the pledge that all members make:
I solemnly dedicate myself to promote and advance the cause of education.
I will strive to achieve and maintain the highest degree of professional competence and will always uphold the honour, dignity, and ethical standards of my profession.
I pledge my loyalty and support to the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation and will comply with the Constitution, Bylaws, policies and established practices that govern its members.
NE SIBI QUISQUE CONSULAT, SED INTER NOS AUXILIO SIMUS
Let us not take thought for our separate interests, but let us help one another.