The Educational Services Committee (ESC) wishes to recognize the extraordinary leadership and service of the dedicated members who have contributed to improving professional growth programs at various levels and promoting issues of educational concern to our members.
André Lécuyer Award
This award was created in honour of a former Associate General Secretary of OSSTF/FEESO. It is one of three major awards given by the Educational Services Committee.
The Educational Services Committee presents the award annually at the Annual Meeting of the Provincial Assembly (AMPA) to any member in current standing in recognition of exceptional contributions to the professional growth and development of fellow members over a significant period of time.
The Educational Services Committee will consider the following criteria when making its decisions on the recipients of these awards.
- The candidate’s capacity in reflecting the goals of the Educational Services Committee’s mission statement:
The mission of the Educational Services Committee is to foster and promote the professional growth of OSSTF/FEESO members in order to enhance the quality of education in Ontario by investigating and researching educational issues and providing direction, information, skills, and resources to members and the boarder community.
- The candidate’s length of service and leadership (minimum of 10 years) in the process and events of professional development at the branch, district, regional, or provincial level.
- The candidate’s involvement in a variety of professional development activities, supporting members’ equal access to professional growth and/or research or curriculum activities (e.g. developing and delivering OSSTF/FEESO workshops, organizing PD at local and regional levels, etc.).
- The candidate’s influence in providing significant opportunities for members to meet, share ideas, and reflect upon a variety of professional concerns.
- The candidate’s demonstration of attitudes and practices that encourages others to become more involved in Educational Services.
All districts/bargaining units are encouraged to nominate at least one candidate:
- The nomination may be made by any member but must be endorsed by a district or bargaining unit executive.
- Submit the completed nomination forms to Karen Metherall, Administrative Coordinator, Educational Services Department, at the provincial office. Nomination forms must be received by January 31.
- Who is eligible? All active members of OSSTF/FEESO; current members of the provincial Educational Services Committee are not eligible for nomination for the André Lécuyer Award.
- Who selects the recipient? The full Educational Services Committee with final approval of the Provincial Executive.
- Members of the Educational Services Committee may nominate candidates for this award.
The Director of the Educational Services Department will send a letter of congratulations to the winner of this award with a copy to the candidate’s District/Bargaining Unit President.
The André Lécuyer Award will be presented at the Annual Meeting of Provincial Assembly (AMPA).