To be eligible for the James Forster Human Rights Award, the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing in accordance with the provisions of By-law 2, Section (1).
- Be nominated by a resolution of the District/Bargaining Unit Executive.
- Have made an outstanding contribution to the struggle for equity and the promotion of human rights over a period of years.
- Nominations shall be made only on the official nomination form, with a copy of the Executive resolution attached.
- Nominations shall be forwarded to the Provincial Office to arrive no later than January 31.
- Nominations should be addressed to the attention of Wayne Milliner, Secretariat Liaison to the Human Rights Committee.
The Selection Committee will consist of:
- The Human Rights Committee and Secretariat Liaison to the Human Rights Committee, who shall chair the committee but shall not vote.
OSSTF/FEESO will publicize the contributions of the award winner in its publications.