The Dr. S.G.B. Robinson Travelling Grant was established in 1965 in recognition of the contribution made by Dr. Robinson in moulding OSSTF/FEESO through its formative years. Dr. Robinson, fondly known as “Steve,” served on the Secretariat for 24 years as an Assistant Secretary and as General Secretary during the 19 years prior to his retirement in 1964.
- The grant shall provide the opportunity for an OSSTF/FEESO Member in good standing to travel for the purpose of serving education:
- an amount of $3,500 will be set aside each year
- awards may be any sum up to $3,500
- more than one award may be made in one year, having regard to funds available and the sum(s) requested by the applicant(s).
- Applications are acceptable from current OSSTF/FEESO Members:
- in good standing, and
- have not previously been a recipient of this grant.
- Each candidate shall submit a completed application form provided by the Federation, which shall include:
- academic and professional information
- a detailed itinerary and the duration of the proposed travel
- a summary of the expected contribution to education of this travel
- a list of people and organizations contracted for possible visitation
- a statement of anticipated expenses
- two or more letters of reference from OSSTF/FEESO members in good standing that address the candidate’s suitability for this award
- it is understood that, at the completion of the proposed travel, the grant recipient shall submit to OSSTF/FEESO a written report on how the award has enhanced or supported their role as an educational worker and a copy of any reports written as a result of the travel program. OSSTF/FEESO may use all or part of the reports without further payment to the author or the author’s publisher.
- Interpretation and administration of the terms of these grants are at the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee subject to the approval of the Provincial Executive.
- Completed applications should be electronically submitted with all attachments.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that any attachments that cannot be submitted electronically are sent to:
Karen Metherall, Administrative Coordinator
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
Educational Services Department
60 Mobile Drive
Toronto, ON M4A 2P3
The application and all attachments must be received at OSSTF/FEESO provincial office no later than April 1.