The Educational Services Committee (ESC) wishes to recognize the extraordinary leadership and service of the dedicated members who have contributed to improving professional growth programs at various levels and promoting issues of educational concern to our members.
André Lécuyer Award
This award was created in honour of a former Associate General Secretary of OSSTF/FEESO. It is presented each year at the Annual Meeting of the Provincial Assembly to recognize outstanding contributions, especially in the area of professional development. It is one of two major awards given by the Educational Services Committee.
The Educational Services Committee will consider the following criteria when making its decisions on the recipients of these awards.
- The candidate’s length of service and leadership in the process and events of professional development at the Branch, District, Regional or Provincial level.
- The candidate’s involvement in a variety of professional development activities, supporting members’ equal access to professional growth and/or research or curriculum activities.
- The candidate’s influence in providing significant opportunities for members to meet, share ideas and reflect upon a variety of professional concerns.
- The candidate’s capacity in reflecting the goals of the Educational Services Committee’s mission statement:
The mission of the Educational Services Committee is to foster and promote the professional growth of OSSTF/FEESO members in order to enhance the quality of education in Ontario by investigating and researching educational issues and providing direction, information, skills and resources to members and the broader community.
All districts/bargaining units are encouraged to nominate at least one candidate:
- The nomination may be made by any member but must be endorsed by a district or bargaining unit executive.
- Submit nominations to Karen Metherall, Co-Ordinating Secretary, Educational Services Department at the Provincial Office on the Nomination Form;
- The Educational Services Department, at the Provincial Office, must receive the nomination by January 31.
- Current members of the Provincial Educational Services Committee are not eligible for nomination for the André Lécuyer Award
- Members of the Educational Services Committee may nominate candidates for this award.
The Educational Services Committee will send a letter of congratulations to the winner of this award and a letter of notification to the candidate’s District/Bargaining Unit President.
The André Lécuyer Award will be presented at the Annual Meeting of Provincial Assembly.