This award was established to honour the memory and contributions of Kelly Ann McKenzie. McKenzie, a PSSP member of OSSTF/FEESO, served as an outstanding member of the Educational Services Committee until her tragic death in 1995.
Terms of Reference
This award is given annually to a current support staff (PSSP/ESS) member of OSSTF/FEESO who has made substantive contributions to the professional growth and development of fellow members at the regional and provincial level.
The Educational Services Committee will consider the following criteria when making its decisions on the recipients of these awards.
- The candidate’s capacity in reflecting the goals of the Educational Services Committee’s mission statement:
The mission of the Educational Services Committee is to foster and promote the professional growth of OSSTF/FEESO members in order to enhance the quality of education in Ontario by investigating and researching educational issues and providing direction, information, skills, and resources to members and the boarder community.
- The candidate’s length of service and leadership (minimum of 5 years) in the process and events of professional development at the branch, district, regional, and provincial level.
- The candidate’s involvement in the development and presentation of professional development for a broad range of members.
- The candidate’s demonstration of attitudes and practices that encourages others to become more involved in Educational Services.
- The nomination may be made by any member of OSSTF/FEESO but must be endorsed by a district or bargaining unit executive.
- Submit the completed nomination forms to Karen Metherall, Administrative Coordinator, Educational Services Department, at the provincial office no later than January 31.
- Who is eligible? All active members of OSSTF/FEESO may be nominated with the exception of current members of the provincial Educational Services Committee.
- Who selects the recipient? The full Educational Services Committee.
- The award will be presented at the biennial Educational Services Officers’ conference or at a district/bargaining unit event.
- A large plaque engraved with the names of annual recipients is kept at the provincial office in the Educational Services Department.
- A decorative recognition is presented to the award recipient.