Follow this procedure to have your credentials re-evaluated for advancement to a higher Group with a new Certification Rating Statement (CRS).
1. Check your local collective agreement for deadlines for submission of a new CRS to your school board. Notify your school board that you are pending a new CRS (if necessary).
Don’t miss out on retroactive salary!
2. Print/obtain a copy of the current Certification Form 2.
3. Page 1
- Complete “PERSONAL INFORMATION” section.
- Check the first box in the “RE-EVALUATION” section if you want your existing credentials reviewed in light of changes to the Certification Plan
Check the next appropriate box in light of course(s)/degree(s) completed
Additional Qualifications courses can be used in lieu of university courses in our evaluation system if they have been taken at an Ontario Faculty of Education and have transcripts included in the application package.
AQ courses taken from other providers cannot be used in lieu of university courses since no transcripts can be provided. These AQs can, however, be used to fulfill the requirements of a Three Session Specialist. In that case there is no requirement to submit transcripts with your application package but the Additional Qualification must show as an entry on the Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College of Teachers.
4. Page 2
- Sign and date the form at the bottom only!
5. Submit your form along with all relevant documentation to the OSSTF/FEESO Certification Department at the address at the top of Form 2.
Your application cannot be processed until all of the required documents have been received by the Certification Department.
You will receive an acknowledgement letter from the Certification Department identifying the date your application was received.
6. After a minimum of 8–10 weeks you will receive a new 8 ½ x 11 Certificate and a letter identifying your Group rating. Submit a copy to your board.
Failure to notify your school board will mean lost salary!
7. The letter from the Certification Department will explain how to proceed to the next highest Group (if possible). Keep this letter on file for future reference.
Please contact the Certification Department if you have any questions or concerns.