District Executive: Please forward one approved nomination to Provincial Office by April 1. You must include a letter of approval from the district president and a copy of the motion from the district executive or council.
The award may be bestowed, once in a career, upon an individual OSSTF/FEESO member, a staff, or a Federation group. Nominations are encouraged from school staff, parent or community groups, student councils or individuals. Each nomination must have approval from the district executive.
Describe briefly, but fully, the candidate’s contribution to school/community relations. Please feel free to submit creative support materials to accompany the written application but limit materials to 15 pages – no videotapes.
Criteria for the Bob Brooks Award:
- How effective was the project? How many people were involved?
- What was the impact? Was it a once-only or a long-term event?
- Did it provide a model for other schools in the province?
- Did it meet a need in the local community?
- Was there a personal commitment involved?
- How much of the community was involved?
- Did the project result in a closer bond between the school and its community?
Please submit to your District Executive by March 1.