The Educational Services Department of OSSTF/FEESO is pleased to offer a variety of workshops that can be requested by districts or bargaining units. Workshops are subject to availability and require at least one month of lead time. A refundable deposit of $250.00 is required with each workshop request. All workshops, with the exception of Boundaries, require a minimum of 20 participants. The lengths indicated for the workshops ensure their quality and integrity. Minor adjustments may be possible depending on the size of the group, but requests for significantly shorter workshops cannot be accommodated.
Workshops will be led by trained presenters as arranged through the Provincial Office. For the 2013-2014 school year, the cost of presenters and materials will be covered by Provincial Office. Workshop content and materials are owned and copyrighted by OSSTF/FEESO.
- Beyond Bullying: Building Safe Schools
- Beyond Bullying: Building Safe Workplaces
- CALM (Crisis Awareness Learning Modules
- Classroom Management or Classroom Management for OTs
- Cyber Bullying
- The Early Learning Team
- EQUIP: Equity in Practice or EQUIP for Leaders
- From PAIN to PRIDE: Homophobia and Transphobia
- STAR (Students at Risk)
- Still Not Laughing: Challenging Sexual Harassment in our Schools
- Working Together: Effective Educational Teams
- Boundary Issues
- Managing Conflict
- School Law
- The 3 R’s of Workplace Violence: Rights, Responsibilities, Resources
- Writing Resumes and Taking Interviews
To see the a brief description of the workshops, download a copy of the GROWTH & OPPORTUNITY Professional Development Workshops brochure under Related Attachments below.
Additional speakers/workshops are available through the Educational Services Resource Bank.