OSSTF/FEESO remains committed to building the capacity of educators by continuing to offer high quality professional growth opportunities created by members, for members. In order to provide ongoing access to the large number of the workshops offered through the Educational Services Department, districts and bargaining units should be aware of the following requirements:
- The lengths indicated for the workshops ensure their quality and integrity. Minor adjustments may be possible depending on the size of the group, but requests for significantly shorter workshops cannot be accommodated.
- Workshop content and materials are owned and copyrighted by OSSTF/FEESO.
- OSSTF/FEESO workshop requests will only be confirmed upon receipt of a deposit for $250 per workshop – an individual deposit cheque made payable to the “Treasurer OSSTF/FEESO” and post-dated with the date of the workshop unless credit card arrangements are made. The deposit will be returned within a week of the scheduled date if a minimum of 20 participants attend the workshop. Deposit cheques will also be returned for any workshop requests cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date. The refundable deposit means that workshops delivered to groups of 20 or more will continue to be offered free of charge to OSSTF/FEESO members for 2015-2016.
- Districts, bargaining units or individual worksites requesting multiple workshops for the same date will be required to list workshops in order of priority for delivery as some requests may not be filled due to overwhelming demand or lack of presenter availability. A maximum of four workshops in a maximum of two locations will be confirmed for each requested professional development event. The identified priorities of the districts and/or bargaining units will be used to determine which workshops are confirmed first. Additional workshops may be arranged based upon presenter availability.
The Educational Services workshops currently offered are:
- Beyond Bullying: Building Safe Schools
- Beyond Bullying: Building Safe Workplaces
- CALM (Crisis Awareness Learning Modules)
- Classroom Management or Classroom Management for OTs
- Cyber Bullying
- The Early Learning Team
- EQUIP: Equity in Practice
- From PAIN to PRIDE: Homophobia and Transphobia
- STAR (Students at Risk)
- Still Not Laughing: Challenging Sexual Harassment in our Schools
- Working Together: Effective Educational Teams
- Managing Conflict
- Next Steps: From Advocacy to Activism
- The 3 R’s of Workplace Violence: Rights, Responsibilities, Resources
- Writing Résumés and Taking Interviews
- Mental Health – Let’s Act!
The Growth & Opportunity: Professional Development Workshops brochure has been updated to reflect our current workshop offerings (see Related Attachments below). Please contact Suzette Clark at 416-751-8300 or toll free 1-800-267-7867 for more information or to request any OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services workshop, or the contact person listed in the brochure for the other OSSTF/FEESO workshops.
Additional speakers/workshops are available through the Educational Services Resource Bank.