OSSTF/FEESO remains committed to building the capacity of educators by continuing to offer high quality professional growth opportunities created by members, for members. In order to provide ongoing access to the large number of the workshops offered through the Educational Services Department, districts and bargaining units should be aware of the following requirements:
- The lengths indicated for the workshops ensure their quality and integrity. Minor adjustments may be possible depending on the size of the group, but requests for significantly shorter workshops cannot be accommodated.
- Workshop content and materials are owned and copyrighted by OSSTF/FEESO.
- The district rebate will be charged if less than 20 participants attend the workshop. No charge will be applied for any workshop requests cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date. Workshops delivered to groups of 20 or more will continue to be offered free of charge to OSSTF/FEESO members for 2018–2019.
- Districts, bargaining units or individual worksites requesting multiple workshops for the same date will be required to list workshops in order of priority for delivery as some requests may not be filled due to overwhelming demand or lack of presenter availability. A maximum of four workshops in a maximum of two locations will be confirmed for each requested professional development event. The identified priorities of the districts and/or bargaining units will be used to determine which workshops are confirmed first. Additional workshops may be arranged based upon presenter availability.
The Educational Services workshops currently available are:
- Advocacy to Activism: A Blueprint for Equity
- Anji-bmaadzi-win: Beginning to Understand Truth and Reconciliation
- Beyond Bullying: Building Safe Workplaces
- Challenging Misogyny and Sexual Harassment in our Schools (formerly Still Not Laughing: Challenging Sexual Harassment in Our Schools)
- Classroom Management or Classroom Management for OTs
- Confronting Poverty: An Action-Based Approach to Address Class Bias
- EQUIP: Equity in Practice
- Managing Conflict
- Mental Health – Let’s Act!
- Racial Justice
- The Early Learning Team
- The 3R’s of Workplace Violence: Rights, Responsibilities, Resources
- Working Together: Effective Educational Teams
- Writing Résumés and Taking Interviews
The Growth & Opportunity: Professional Development Workshops brochure has been updated to reflect our current workshop offerings (see Related Attachments below). Please contact Cathy Renfrew at 416-751-8300 or toll free 1-800-267-7867 for more information or to request any OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services workshop.
Additional speakers/workshops are available through the Educational Services Resource Bank (ESRB).