J.W. Ansley, Principal of York Memorial Collegiate Institute, for many years was an outstanding teacher and a member of this Federation. The Ansley Memorial Lecture Series was established in 1954 in his memory, and has been replaced by the J.W. Ansley Grant for Educational Research.
- The purpose of the J.W. Ansley Grant for Educational Research is to support research projects of a practical nature which are currently topical and the results of which will primarily benefit the classroom practitioner and / or educational programs or curriculum:
- the grant may be any sum up to $3,500
- more than one grant may be made in any year, having regard to the funds available and the sum(s) requested by the application(s).
- Applications are acceptable from current OSSTF/FEESO Members:
- in good standing
- are currently involved in research projects or will undertake a research project
- have a proposed plan of the research project which is acceptable to the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee and
- have not previously been a recipient of this grant.
- Other notes:
- studies toward a Master’s or Doctoral degree or for upgrading purposes will not usually qualify for this grant
- studies to develop curriculum resources, professional development workshops, publications or implementing new pedagogy / methodology will qualify for this grant
- a research project which is carried on for more than one year may be considered eligible for a subsequent grant.
- Each candidate shall submit a completed application form provided by the Federation, which shall include:
- an outline of academic and professional qualifications
- details of the proposed research project
- a statement of anticipated expenses
- inclusive dates of and location for the proposed research project
- two letters of recommendation that identify the candidate’s suitability for this award
- a letter from the employer’s or institution’s ethics committee approving the research methodology if involving humans or animals.
- It is a condition of the grant that grant recipients will provide a written report of the results of the research project to OSSTF/FEESO. OSSTF/FEESO may use all or part of the completed research project without further payment to the author or the author’s publisher.
- Interpretation and administration of the terms of this grant are at the discretion of the OSSTF/FEESO Educational Services Committee subject to the approval of the Provincial Executive.
- Completed applications should be electronically submitted with all attachments.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that any attachments that cannot be submitted electronically are sent to:
Karen Metherall, Administrative Coordinator
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
Educational Services Department
60 Mobile Drive
Toronto, ON M4A 2P3
The application and all attachments must be received at OSSTF/FEESO provincial office no later than April 1.